Frequently Asked Questions
If you don't find your answer below, feel free to give us a call.
- 1. Decide on a general design for your project. Then call a steel manufacturer. Some great local companies would be R & M Steel (208) 454-1800 or Cold Rolled Steel (208) 455-7477. Both offer excellent service and products.
- 2. Once you have a general idea of the design you want to order, the second step would be to talk with Jake. He can look at your design and give some of his recommendations.
- 3. Once you know more about the design and where it will be going, JMF Construction can then schedule an actual written estimate.
If you feel you would like more information about the process just to get started, don't hesitate to reach out to us.
We are not a steel manufacturer. We are a steel erector. That means you will need to design a steel building with a manufacturer for us to assemble. We can handle laying the foundation as well. Some customers prefer to use their own concrete company for the construction. However, many times when using a third party concrete company, the bolt placement can be off or other issues can arise.
We construct any structure that is pre-engineered for Commercial, Agricultural, and Residential use. We do projects of all sizes, from small garages up to large warehouses or riding arenas.
Certainly! We've erected structures for Farm Equipment USA (Fruitland and Jerome, Idaho), Simplot Western Stockmen (Caldwell, Idaho), CSDI (Nampa, Idaho), and Champion Produce (Parma, Idaho), LMAC Cattle Company (Midvale, Idaho), among others.
There are actually lots of benefits that come with using steel.
- 1. Engineering is done in-house with the steel manufacturer
- 2. Steel is much stronger than wood
- 3. Because steel construction doesn't require trusses, there's a lot more headroom.
- 4. Steel has a much longer free span than wood.
- 5. Steel structures have better insulation potential
Yes! We are licensed and insured. Our Idaho Contractor Number is RCT-51940
The first step is to pick a structure design from a steel manufacturer. Don't hesitate to give us a call if you feel overwhelmed by the process.
It can take about 6 - 12 weeks to recieve a package from the manufacturer. Once the package comes in, things can move very quickly. This is all dependent on schedule, weather, concrete, and time of the year.
Yes, most likely you will need a building permit. JMF doesn't obtain building permits. You can check in with your county to get that process started.
JMF makes sure to call clients back as soon as possible. A short feedback loop is one of the reasons for the success on all of our projects.
Yes. This process isn't one-size-fits-all. It is super helpful for JMF Construction to know the purpose of your building for us to better guide the process. Many times we can have been able to bypass issues or save our customers money through our recommendations.